I have a new favourite coffee shop that I want to tell you about; Rubajellos in Barrowford. It is a gorgeous little coffee shop that overlooks the park.
Rob and I have spent many Saturday mornings there with a stack of books and magazines just chilling out, eating cake and drinking something that warms the toes.
Here are the reasons why Rubajellos is our perfect lazy day place to be:
- The food portions are very generous, especially the sandwiches!
- The place smells of fresh scones as they bake them right behind the counter each morning.
- The staff are friendly and there are newspapers left out on the tables, inviting you to settle in and linger for as long as you want.
- They have a selection of these great literary prints on the walls. So if you forget your book you can just read the artwork.
- Cake. A wide variety of cake to choose from!
- All of their bread and meat come from the local butchers and bakers.
So if you ever find yourself in the delightful little town of Barrowford do stop by the charming Rubajellos. Just keep a seat free for me!