Hello Blogging World! I’m back after a fully gorgeous two weeks off from work during which time I completely abandoned my blog.
It wasn’t an intentional break; it just sort of happened as happy lazy days melted into fun busy ones, I just didn’t have the urge to blog.
But now that life has returned to normalcy I am eager to get back into it again. For now here is a sneak peak of what I’ve been up to in the last couple of weeks:
- Rob and I spent a week in Harrogate with friends from Church. There was quite a crowd of us, so there was a lot of fun, mind-blowing late night conversations, cake and silliness.
- We had a couple of great days out; one climbing and exploring Brimham Rocks and the other testing out every ride at Lightwater Valley. This is the advantage of having children in your group; you get to do all the fun stuff!
- Rob and I launched a new website together. It’s called Creative Kingdom and is there to encourage and celebrate all kinds of creativity within the church. We have been working on it quietly for months so it was really exciting to finally get to share it with people. It’s really cool that we are already seeing people who normally like to stay hidden away come forward and share their creativity.
- I read lots and lots! Holidays and reading always go hand in hand for me. Especially if it is sunny and I can read outside with a glass of Dr Pepper in my hand. Over the last couple of weeks I have had a run of four or five books that I just couldn’t put down. Book Bag posts will follow soon!
- We celebrated Rob’s birthday on Sunday with this awesome Avengers Birthday Cake made by Becky’s Cake Boutique.
- And finally on the Bank Holiday Monday Rob and I went for a walk and found this amazing abandoned house! I love old forgotten places and this one was just full of stuff. Lovely old and forgotten stuff! But just look at that bramble covered door! Very tempted to reenact Sleeping Beauty!
So what have you been up to the last couple of weeks? Anyone else fall behind on blogging over holidays?